Where Can I Get Help?
About One Search
One Search is a new search tool on the law library homepage. It is an implementation of a product by ExLibris called "Primo." One Search allows you to quickly search many of the library’s resources at once. One Search’s index of more than one billion items includes:
- The library catalog
- Much of the Law Library's database content, including articles from the HeinOnline Law Journal Library
- Database content available via USD University Libraries
- Digital collections
- Information about content available at other BOR Libraries
When should I use One Search?
One Search is great for:
- Starting research on legal topics
- Doing interdisciplinary research
- Finding scholarly articles
- Saving and exporting of records
- Limiting search by format, library location, discipline, and many other possibilities
Should I always use One Search?
No. One Search is a great starting place for research, but sometimes you will need more specialized tools. If you're not finding the materials you want in One Search, try our list of databases. The catalog is the best place to look for books in our collection. For subject specific research starters, try one of our LibGuides - our topic-specific online research guides.