Using the Multifunction Machines in the Law Library for Copying
There are two multifunction machines in the Law Library. One is located on the main level, just inside the double doors, and the other is located in the Computer Lab/lounge area on the lower level in Room 27.
REMINDER: You can use the scan and send to email function on both of the multifunction machines at NO COST.
How much does it cost to make copies and how do I pay?
This copier is black & white only. Each page costs 7 cents.
You must use either your have Coyote Cash loaded on your account/Student ID card or purchase a Coyote Guest card. The copy machines do NOT accept the preloaded $28.00 "Pharos" funds for printing.
If you use your Coyote Cash card account, you may add money to it online through "E-Accounts" or at several automated machines on campus, including the Muenster University Center ("the MUC"). At the "MUC," you may add money to your account in the Coyote Card office, Room 204B, or by using the "black box" on the Main Floor of the MUC. This "black box" is located in the corridor to the left of the Information Desk, next to the ATM machine by the restrooms. Other automated cash deposit machines are located in Coyote Village, near the main entrance, and in the Wellness Center, in the lounge across from the climbing wall.
Your family and friends also can add money to your account using the online deposit system. It is available 24/7 and accepts credit card payments. Your family and friends will use the USD guest portal, but will not be able to view balances or transactions. In order for your family or friends to add money to the account, they will need your USD user name and password.
If you do not have a Coyote Cash card, you may purchase a Coyote Guest Card from the black box on the computer table to the left of the copier. It is a $5 card that can be used for copying, as well as food and drink purchases at the Muenster University Center (the "MUC"). You will need five $1 bills or one $5 bill to purchase a Guest Card. The library does not have change. You must go to the MUC to get change.
How do I use the copier?
- Press the "Start" button to warm up the copier.
- Place your documents face up in the feeder tray, or place the page of your book face down on the glass.
- Swipe your Coyote card in the machine to the right of the copier. You will see a screen with the cost of one page (7 cents). Press the "Start" button to copy.
- If you are copying several pages from a book, you will have 60 seconds between each page to copy. Plan what pages you want to copy, as this time goes fast. After 60 seconds, the swipe machine will "time out." Although you won't be charged for pages that do not copy, you will have to swipe your card again to copy more pages.
- Press "Exit" on the Swipe Machine when you have finished copying.