Printing for Law Students: All Other Documents
How do I print WestlawNext documents, TWEN materials, documents from other databases other than Lexis Advance, including Bloomberg Law, Fastcase, or HeinOnline, and completed assignments and papers?
Option 1 (Pharos Printers):
To print any of these documents, you may use one of the two Pharos printers. The printer named "LS 27" is located in the Computer Lab/lounge area on the lower level of the Law Library (Room 27). The printer named "LS 128" is located near the copier on the main level of the Law Library. $28.00 was deposited into your Law Account at the beginning of the school year. This is the only deposit for the school year. These funds will pay for 400 pages of printing at 7¢ per page. You can ONLY use these deposited funds on the two Pharos printers. But, the Pharos printer do ALSO accept Coyote Cash if you run out of Pharos funds.
- From your browser program's print options, choose either the LS 27 or LS 128 printer. A dollar sign ($) icon will appear at the bottom of the computer screen, letting you know how much money is in both your Pharos account and Coyote Cash account. You will have to choose the account you wish you use and accept the charges before your document will print.
Option 2 (Multifunction Machines on Main Floor and in Computer Lab):
- You also may use the printer/copiers on the main floor of the law library and in the Computer Lab/lounge area to print documents. From your browser's print options, choose UPrint. You will be asked to provide your USD User Name and Password. You also will be asked whether you wish to accept the charges to print the document. You MUST have Coyote Cash on your account to use the UPrint system.
- At either of the copiers, press the "Start" button to warm up the copier. Press "Print" on the machine to the right of the copier. Swipe your Coyote Card. You will see a screen listing your print job. Press "print" and the copier will print your document.
How do I add money to my Coyote Card?
- You may add money to your Coyote Card online through "E-Accounts" or at several automated machines on campus, including the Muenster University Center ("the MUC"). At the Muenster University Center ("the MUC"), you may add money to your account in the Coyote Card office, Room 204B, or by using the "black box" on the Main Floor of the MUC. This "black box" is located in the corridor to the left of the Information Desk, next to the ATM machine by the restrooms. Other automated cash deposit machines are located in Coyote Village, near the main entrance, and in the Wellness Center, in the lounge across from the climbing wall.
- Your family and friends can add money to your account using the online deposit system. It is available 24/7 and accepts credit card payments. Your family and friends will use the USD guest portal, but will not be able to view balances or transactions. In order for your family or friends to add money to the account, they will need your USD user name and password.
Laptop Printing with Pharos Software
- To use your laptop with either of the two Pharos printers (LS 27 or LS 128), you must first download the Pharos software for the Law School printer. To download the software, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the myUSD portal. Log in to the Portal page. Under the Technology tab, look for the link on the left that says "Laptop Printing with Pharos." From this page, download the Pharos packages for the Law School Lab - LS 27 and Law School Lab - LS 128.
- To use your laptop with one of the UPrint stations across campus, including the two multifunction machines in the Law School, you must first download the Pharos software for UPrint.
- Go to the myUSD portal. Log in to the Portal page. Under the Technology tab, look for the link on the left that says "Laptop Printing with Pharos." From this page, download the Pharos package for UPrint.
- If you need additional help, please contact the IT Help Desk. The contact information for IT is available on the myUSD Portal under the Technology tab.