Search for Environmental Law Cases using Westlaw
In WestlawNext, go to "Practice Areas" and choose "Energy and Environment":
On the right-hand side of your screen, click on "Cases."
Then search for cases using the search bar. You can also narrow your search by limiting the jurisdiction to only a specific state's cases. Finally, press the "search" button.
West Key Number System
Search for Environmental Law Cases using LexisAdvance
In LexisAdvance, click on "Practice Area or Industry" and select "Environmental Law."
Limit your search to cases.
Federal case law is reported in the Federal Reporter and the Federal Supplement. United States Supreme Court cases are reported in the U.S. Reports, the Supreme Court Reporter, and the Lawyers Edition. All of these reporters are available in electronic format.
- Federal Reporter - Available on Lexis or Westlaw
- Federal Supplement - Available on Lexis or Westlaw
- U.S. Reports - Available on HeinOnline. Remember, you need a username and password. If you have any questions or need any further help, please contact any librarian or visit the Circulation/Reference Desk.
- Supreme Court Reporter - Available on Westlaw
- Supreme Court opinions also found online at the Supreme Court of the United States website.
- United States Supreme Court Reports (Lawyer’s Edition) - Available on Lexis
To find the reporters in the McKusick Law Library:
- The U.S. Reports and Supreme Court Reporter are available in print on the main floor of the law library.
- The Federal Reporter 2d and 3d and Federal Supplement and Federal Supplement 2d are available in print on the main floor of the law library.