Cheyenne River Sioux Tribal Court of Appeals
-  Becker County, Minnesota Welfare Department v. Jayme Mestes
-  Francine Red Bear v. South Dakota Department of Social Services
-  South Dakota Department of Social Services v. Deborah Rivers
-  Evelyn Lori Eagle Chasing v. South Dakota DSS
-  In the Matter of the Estate of: Joseph A. Livermont, A/K/A Joe Livermont
-  Clarice Lara v. Carlin Brings Horse, Sr. and Pearl High Bear
-  Dawn Lawrence v. Marty Lawrence
-  In the matter of: JRB, CRB, DRB, ARB, KRB, and LHB, Minor Children
-  In the Matter of: I.R.C., d.o.b. 2-1-98 v. Douglas and Cynthia Block
-  Leonard Granados v. Marlene (Bear Stops) Granados
-  In the Matter of Jacie Uses Many, a minor child, and Jared Uses Many v. Tammy Runs After
-  Leo F. Rousseau v. Samantha C. Dubray
-  Dayne Johns v. Boyd Ducheneaux
-  Zephier v. Walters
Cheyenne River Sioux Tribal Court of Appeals - Special Cases
NOTE: Nygaard v. Taylor (D.N.D., May 24, 2017) and the July 20, 2017 Order in In the Matter of C.S.N. & T.R.S. are included directly below the September 1, 2016 Memorandum Opinion and Order in In the Matter of C.S.N. & T.R.S. as these cases have a direct relationship, as follows:
Subsequent to the September 1, 2016 Memorandum Opinion and Order, Petitioners Nygaard and Stanley, parents of the minor child C.S.N., filed a petition for a writ of habeas corpus to the United States District Court for the District Court of North Dakota. Respondents, including the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribal Court of Appeals and Frank Pommersheim, in his official capacity as Chief Justice, moved to dismiss. In the District Court’s order of May 24, 2017, the motion to dismiss was granted, with direction to the Petitioners to exhaust their remedies in the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribal courts. Subsequent to the dismissal of the habeas petition, the Petitioners filed a petition for writ of mandamus with the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribal Court of Appeals. The July 20, 2017 Order dismisses the petition for writ of mandamus. The case is currently back in front of the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribal Court.
Crow Creek Sioux Supreme Court
Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribal Court of Appeals
Grand Portage Band of Chippewa Court of Appeals
Lower Sioux Indian Community Court of Appeals
Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians Supreme Court
-  M.W., a minor v. Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians
-  S.D., a minor v. Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians
-  Willard Keith Bacon v. Norma Jean Bacon
-  In the Matter of the Adoption of K.S. v. Dina Mae Shoemake, et al.
-  Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians v. Roger Anderson
-  James McMillan v. Lashaunya Hickman Steve, et al.
Rosebud Sioux Tribe Supreme Court
-  Brenda Dubray Spotted Tail v. Dennis Spotted Tail
-  Vernon “Ike” Schmidt v. Shirley Medearis
-  In the Matter of: J.R.B., E.A.B., L.W.B., E.M.B., E.R.B., and F.M.B.
-  People of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe in the Interest of J.E., Concerning Theresa Eagle
-  Donald Leader Charge v. Nora Leader Charge
-  Starla Wilson-Colombe v. Julius R. Theophilus
-  Raina J. Two Lance v. Wanda Brave McCauley
-  The People of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe in the Interest of R.K. and M.K.