Print Books on Bar Exam Prep/The Bar Exam Experience
Looking for Practice Exams?
The Law Library provides practice exams for the Multistate Essay Exam (MEE) and Multistate Performance Test (MPT) from the past three years. Four unique practice exams are available for the Multistate Bar Exam (MBE) as well. You can find these exams in the Study Aids and Academic Success section on the main floor of the library at call number range KF 303.
Rigos Primer Series Uniform Bar Exam Review
The following books are available in the Study Aids collection on the Main Floor and are tailored to prep you for the MPT, MBE, MPRE and MEE. However, please note that these books do not reflect the NCBE content changes effective for exams after July, 2016.
• Advice on the best approach, time scheduling, and format for answering each of the four types of MPT questions helps focus your answers and increase efficiency.
• Text includes professional responsibility material which has been recently tested on the performance tasks.
• Ten simulated exam questions with full sample answers help gauge your progress and reinforce MPT practice.
• Learning questions with complete answer rationales within each chapter reinforce the legal rules as you go, so the more difficult questions become easier.
• More than 1,400 multiple–choice questions provide extensive MBE–style practice, as well as full answer rationales.
• Two mock 3–hour/100–question practice MBE-patterned exam sets allow you to simulate and test yourself in an actual MBE experience.
• Five full essay questions per subject with summarized pointer grading guides and full model answers for all NCBE MEE subjects, the seven MBE subjects, and professional responsibility.
• Over 350 practice multiple–choice questions with full answer rationales.
• Advice on the best approach, time scheduling, and format for answering the MPRE questions.
• Full simulated final exam with 60 MPRE questions and full answer rationales to help students gauge progress.
Rigos Primer Series on Specific MBE Topics
These books are very helpful for study of these topics in Law School or on the MBE. Subjects are presented in easy–to–read outline format with exam tips highlighting question concentrations and built–in "learning questions." Each title includes more than 200 practice multiple–choice questions with full answer rationales explaining all four alternatives.
The Law Library has acquired the new second edition of Strategies and Tactics for the MBE. The book contains sample questions in the topics of Constitutional Law, Contracts, Criminal Law and Procedure, Evidence, Real Property and Torts. The author has selected nearly 400 MBE-format questions and writes the answers to each one. The author claims that his analysis is "more complete than the ones released by the National Conference of Bar Examiners."